Fields of application of our GSOS department are:
· Preparation of calculations and studies (thermodynamics and rock mechanics) in the planning and operation of gas cavern storage facilities in rock salt (including conversion from H-gas to L-gas and vice versa, as well as the use of hydrogen or other storage media),
· Analysis of working gas evolution from individual gas caverns up to the whole storage,
· Development of digital operational management models,
· Analysis of moisture in caverns and hydrate formation in wells and field pipelines for optimized inhibitor addition,
· Prediction for pressure and temperature losses in wells, field pipelines and technical installations on the station site,
· Concepts for optimizing the operation of gas cavern storage facilities.
The main focus of the activities is further development and support of the CavBase Gas Storage program for a number of operators who use the program permanently to optimize their storage operations. Currently, the program is being fundamentally redesigned. More information about this will be added here soon.